New eBook: The Long Economic and Political Shadow of History - Volume III: Europe and the Americas
Wednesday, March 8, 2017
“The past is never dead. It’s not even past” (William Faulkner)
This eBook traces the legacies of landmark events on contemporary economic outcomes as well as peoples’ attitudes and beliefs. Discover how historic events in Europe and the Americas are shaping the world we see today.
Key topics include
- The birth of the modern corporation
- Modern-day consequences of colonial forced labour practices in Peru
- The native population's forced coexistence in reserves across the US
- The origins and impact of anti-Semitism and the holocaust
- The legacy of communism in Germany and of the Nazi occupation of Italy
- How the influx of European refugee scientists in the early 20th century, shaping the US inventive capacity.
The thoughts behind the models in this book are outstanding, creating an exemplary guide to applied econometric techniques which can be used for future policy research.