Competition Policy Events
The primary activity of the Competition Policy RPN is to organize workshops and conferences that bring together leading academics, enforcers, and policymakers to discuss topical policy questions in antitrust and regulation. Upcoming and past events can be found below.
Past events (most recent first):
- RPN Discussion Event on App Stores
1 November 2021, Zoom Discussion, 17:00 - 19:00 CET
Our 2nd event dug into the ongoing policy debate around the competitive effects of App Stores. The agenda included:
- Epic vs Apple California litigation; highlights of the recent judgment. (Caffarra)
- Economic theories of App Stores: what drives differences in recent models’ predictions. (Etro and Rey)
- An agency perspective on the issues surrounding App Stores. (Walker)
- An industry perspective of the issues surrounding App Stores. (Vittorio Bertola, Head of Policy and Innovation at Open-Xchange)
This discussion was held under Chathan House Rule and so there is no public video recording available.
17 June 2021, Online Panel Discussions, 16:00-19:00 CET
The newly launched CEPR Competition Policy RPN organized two panel disucussions between senior antitrust regulators, privacy experts, and economists. In the first panel, privacy and data protection experts discussed some key insights for antitrust enforcers. The second panel discussed with antitrust leaders how these ideas are progressing in practice.
Further information and recordings of the two panels can be accessed here.