The Preventing Conflict: Policies for Peace RPN plans to run several events, including an annual workshop. The workshops will have two focuses, one on more general topics to do with conflict, as well as specific topics. The locations hope to rotate between regions in order to accommodate the different locations of the RPN members. These workshops may also link to the CEPR Development Economics annual meeting.
- Political Economics of Conflict and Nation-Building: 20-22 June 2022, University of Lausanne. The conference took place in person only. The programme of the event is available here.
- The Political Economy Webinar series, organised monthly by the CEPR Political Economy Group together with the Research and Policy Network on Populism and Research and Policy Network on Conflict - Sessions: 2 March, 6 April, 4 May, 1 June 2022. For more info read here and register.
- A hybrid workshop titled "Complex Data in the Study of Politics and Conflict" took place in Barcelona on the 18-19 November 2021. This workshop was jointly organised by IAE (CSIC) and the CEPR Preventing Conflict: Policies for Peace RPN. More details on the event can be found here.
- Peace Talks: The Relevance of Fragility Measures in Conflict Prevention Thursday 9 September 16:30 - 18:00 pm (CET). In this “Peace-Talk” webinar, Dr. Hannes Mueller from IAE CSIC discussed his research on the relevance of fragility measures for violent conflict prevention. More details on the event and the programme can be viewed here.
- The Political Economy Webinar series, spring sessions took place on: 3 March, 7 April, 5 May, 2 June 2021.
- The Preventing Conflict RPN hosted an online conference on the 3rd & 4th December 2020 from 2pm GMT. The conference saw members of the RPN present papers on the RPN topic. We invite you to view the programme here.
- Along with the CEPR Political Economy Group and Research and Policy Network on Populism, The Political Economy Webinar series has been taking place since 2020. For more info read here.
Watch the recordings of the presentations of the second webinar series from (Autumn 2020) here.
Watch the recordings of the presentations of the first webinar series below (Spring 2020):
- First Conference of the CEPR Research and Policy Network on Preventing Conflict: Policies for Peace. On the 4th and 5th of February 2020 the inaugural conference of the new CEPR Research and Policy Network (RPN) on "Preventing Conflict: Policies for Peace" took place at the University of Geneva, supported by the Swiss National Science Foundation and the European Research Council. This event was organized by the Professors Jérémy Laurent-Lucchetti, Dominic Rohner and Mathias Thoenig from the Universities of Geneva and Lausanne. It featured an illustrious program with various experts on the economics of conflict, as well as a special keynote lecture by the Vice-President of the ICRC, Prof. Gilles Carbonnier. Below you can discover the whole footage of this inspiring conference.