The Preventing Conflict: Policies for Peace RPN plans to run several events, including an annual workshop. The workshops will have two focuses, one on more general topics to do with conflict, as well as specific topics. The locations hope to rotate between regions in order to accommodate the different locations of the RPN members. These workshops may also link to the CEPR Development Economics annual meeting.
- The Preventing Conflict RPN is hosting an online conference on the 3rd & 4th December 2020 from 2pm GMT. The conference will see members of the RPN present papers on the RPN topic. For more information see the programme and register.
- Along with the CEPR Political Economy Group, The Political Economy Webinar series, autumn sessions: 2 September, 7 October, 4 November, 2 December 2020. After the success of the spring sessions, we are very happy to announce that the monthly political economics webinar series will resume after the summer break. For more info read here and register.
- The Preventing Conflict RPN is hosted The Political Economy Webinar with the CEPR POLECON group on the 6 May, 3 June and 1 July. Read more.
- Watch the recordings of the presentation of the first webinar below:
- First Conference of the CEPR Research and Policy Network on Preventing Conflict: Policies for Peace. On the 4th and 5th of February 2020 the inaugural conference of the new CEPR Research and Policy Network (RPN) on "Preventing Conflict: Policies for Peace" took place at the University of Geneva, supported by the Swiss National Science Foundation and the European Research Council. This event was organized by the Professors Jérémy Laurent-Lucchetti, Dominic Rohner and Mathias Thoenig from the Universities of Geneva and Lausanne. It featured an illustrious program with various experts on the economics of conflict, as well as a special keynote lecture by the Vice-President of the ICRC, Prof. Gilles Carbonnier. Below you can discover the whole footage of this inspiring conference.