The Populism RPN runs several events a year.
The RPN plans to hold two workshops. The first will take place in the first year and will discuss the existing research. The workshop participants will discuss whether the RPN is ready to put together a Policy Insight identifying policy solutions and will produce a road map for further research. By the end of the three year period, a second workshop will take place where participants will take stock of this new research, and produce another PI on solutions on behalf of the RPN.
Depending on funding, the RPN will also hold an additional workshop in year two. Alternatively, RPN members will organise special invitation-only sessions at major conferences in economics (such AEA or EEA annual meetings or smaller conferences).
- The Political Economy Webinar series, spring sessions: 3 March, 7 April, 5 May, 2 June 2021. After the success of the autumns sessions, we are very happy to announce that the monthly political economics webinar series will resume after the christmas break. For more info read here and register.
- Along with the CEPR Political Economy Group, The Political Economy Webinar series, autumn sessions: 2 September, 7 October, 4 November, 2 December 2020. After the success of the spring sessions, we are very happy to announce that the monthly political economics webinar series will resume after the summer break. For more info read here and register.
- The inaugural workshop took place in Paris on the 1-2 July 2019. The programme and presentation slides can be found on the conference website
- Along with the CEPR Political Economy Group, the Populism RPN, is hosting The Political Economy Webinar series on the 6 May, 3 June and 1 July. Read more and register.
PLEASE NOTE: The spread of the coronavirus has resulted in many events around the world being cancelled, postponed or reformatted to allow for remote participation. Please note that CEPR is monitoring developments very carefully and liaising with all conference organisers regarding the best course of action to take for each event. If you are applying for or scheduled to attend one of our events, please look out for direct communications regarding your event from each organiser. If you have not yet received any specific advice we recommend that you hold off making any travel arrangements until further information has been given.
- The CEPR Research and Policy Network on Populism Annual Meeting 2020 is to be held on 7-8 June 2020 at the University of Stockholm. For more details please see the event page and Call for Papers announcement.