ITRE New Members Seminar Series - 7
New members of the CEPR International Trade and Regional Economics (ITRE) programme will talk about their broad research interests and present a paper in hour long sessions bi-weekly on Mondays, at 3pm London time. These sessions will be open to CEPR and beyond.
Beata Javorcik (EBRD, University of Oxford and CEPR)
Kerem Cosar (University of Virginia and CEPR)
Each meeting will take place on a Monday at 10.00 AM (New York) / 3.00 PM (London) / 4.00 PM (Paris).
The line-up of speakers is as follows:
- 25 April: Dmitry Mukhin - Optimal Exchange Rate Policy.
- 9 May: Adrien Bilal - Solving Heterogeneous Agent Models with the Master Equation.
- 23 May: Alessandro Sforza - The Value of Managers' Export Experience: Lessons from the Angolan Civil War.
- 6 June: Jose Vasquez - Trade with Nominal Rigidities: Understanding the Unemployment and Welfare Effects of the China Shock.
- 20 June: Chenzi Xu - The Geography of International Banking Over Two Centuries.
- 4 July: Isabela Manelici - Responsible Sourcing? Theory and Evidence from Costa Rica.
- 18 July: Laura Ogliari - Power Mismatch and Civil Conflict: An Empirical Investigation.
Each seminar will consist of a 50 minute presentation, followed by 10 minutes of open discussion. During the presentation, the audience will be automatically muted and may submit questions using the Q&A facility. The moderator will collect clarifying questions and a few questions of general interest and relay them to the speaker at intervals, ensuring the flow of the seminar. The last 10 minutes of the event will be reserved for an open discussion, where participants may raise their hand to ask questions live, directly to the speaker.
Seminars may be recorded. Please note that you may be recorded if you speak during the seminar.