A new Parisian chapter for CEPR
Since its foundation in 1983 CEPR’s mission has always been to improve the quality of economic policymaking in Europe and beyond, through promotion and dissemination of high-class academic economic research. Now, more than ever, it is clear that, if CEPR is to remain European as well as global in scope, it requires a stronger and more visible presence in Europe.
In a significant move to further this aim, CEPR is delighted and excited to announce a major expansion of its activities and reach, with the opening of its new Paris office, which will eventually become its headquarters. Today at le Ministère de l'Enseignement Supérieur, de la Recherche et de l'Innovation (MESRI, the Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation), CEPR has formally ratified a declaration of partnership with a consortium of supporters from the following public and private institutions:
- The Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation
- Sciences Po
- La Région Île-de-France
- La Banque de France
- The Ministry for the Economy and Finance
- Groupe AXA
CEPR will take possession today of its new offices, which are hosted by and very close to Sciences Po. From this base, with the support of our new partners, CEPR intends to expand its current range of excellent research and policy work and heighten its impact by occupying a central position in European policy debates.
Highlights for the coming months include:
- An increase in the number and range of CEPR’s Research and Policy Networks, flagship Policy Reports, Policy Insights and eBooks
- An expansion of CEPR’s dissemination platforms including a new website and a dedicated digital hub for our researchers and associates.
- The first Paris Symposium will take place between 8-10 December 2021, which will be attended by leading international scholars and policymakers
- A Visitors' Programme for eminent scholars visiting Paris
We hope that you will join us in welcoming this new chapter in CEPR’s existence and in looking forward to the increase in our activities that this expansion will bring.
The signing ceremony at le Ministère de l'Enseignement supérieur, de la Recherche et de l'Innovation, Paris, 1 October 2021