Call for Papers
5th Bank of Italy – CEPR Labour workshop
Hosted by the Bank of Italy, Rome – September 15-16, 2022
Paper Submission Deadline - 6 pm (GMT) April 29, 2022
The 5th CEPR-Bank of Italy Workshop: Labour market policies and institutions will take place in Rome on September 15-16, 2022. The aim of the workshop is to bring together leading and emerging labour economists. We invite submissions of papers that are relevant for understanding the role of policies and institutions in shaping labour supply and demand, as well as in matching workers to jobs. In particular, we welcome submissions on:
- Wage setting: minimum wages, unions, collective bargaining, payroll taxes, hiring subsidies.
- Policies targeting employed individuals: short-term work schemes, employment protection legislation, parental leave.
- Active and passive labour market policies for unemployed workers.
- Institutions fighting poverty and mitigating inequality: basic income schemes, income subsidies.
- The labour market effects of pension reforms.
Keynote speakers will be Hilary Hoynes (UC Berkeley) and Attila Lindner (UCL and CEPR).
The workshop will take place in the Bank of Italy headquarter in Rome. Financial support to all speakers for economy class air travel (in accordance with the CEPR Travel guidelines) and accommodation will be provided. However, due to the uncertainty of the COVID-19 situation and to possible travel restrictions, the workshop may become fully online or a hybrid in-presence-virtual workshop. In order to foster the desired interaction, participants are required to stay for the entire duration of the workshop. The programme will start on Thursday morning (September 15) and end on Friday afternoon (September 16).
How to apply
The application deadline is 6 pm (GMT) on Friday April 29, 2022. Decisions of acceptance or rejection by the programme committee will be announced by the end of May. Please include the paper you wish to submit or indicate if you would like to participate without presenting a paper
Authors who are CEPR affiliated or already have a CEPR profile can upload their submission by:
1) Log in on the CEPR portal online at https://portal.cepr.org/
2) Go to https://portal.cepr.org/meetings/1533/info
3) If you are a member of the LE programme area click on "Change registration details", complete the requested information and click "Submit information".
4) If you have a CEPR profile, click on "Step 1: Apply" and complete the requested information and click "Register"
Authors who are not CEPR affiliated or do not have a CEPR profile can:
1) Create an online profile at https://portal.cepr.org/user/register
2) Log in on the CEPR portal online at https://portal.cepr.org/
3) Go to https://portal.cepr.org/meetings/1533/info
4) Click on "Step 1: Apply" and complete the requested information and click "Register"
If you have any difficulty in applying, please email Lydia Williams in the CEPR-events team, at l[email protected] with the subject header "1533 - 5th CEPR-Bank of Italy Workshop".
Gaetano Basso (Bank of Italy), Barbara Biasi (Yale School of Management, EIEF and CEPR), Marta De Philippis (Bank of Italy), Marco Manacorda (Queen Mary University of London and CEPR) and Claudio Michelacci (EIEF and CEPR).