Call for Papers
EURO AREA BUSINESS CYCLE NETWORK (EABCN)
Challenges in Empirical Macroeconomics since 2020
Eltville am Rhein, Germany
May 19-20, 2022
Malte Knüppel (Deutsche Bundesbank)
Elmar Mertens (Deutsche Bundesbank)
Barbara Rossi (ICREA-Pompeu Fabra University, Barcelona GSE, CREI and CEPR)
We welcome submissions from a broad range of themes related to the consequences of the Covid-19 shock for empirical macroeconomics. Topics of the conference include but are not limited to
• Rare events and disaster-type shocks
• Measuring economic uncertainty and its effects
• Nowcasting and forecasting in a changing environment
• Inflation dynamics
• Business cycle measurement
Serena Ng (Columbia University) and Frank Schorfheide (University of Pennsylvania) have confirmed their participation as invited speakers.
The deadline for submissions is 9am GMT on Tuesday, February 15, 2022. Authors of successful submissions will be notified by end of March.
We intend to offer a hybrid event. The physical meeting will take place in the Deutsche Bundesbank Training Centre in Eltville am Rhein. The event is sponsored by the EABCN and Deutsche Bundesbank. Travel and accommodation expenses will be reimbursed for academic participants, potentially subject to a cap. If required due to the evolution of the pandemic, the conference will become an online event. Information on this conference is also available on the websites of EABCN and Deutsche Bundesbank.
How to Apply:
Authors who are CEPR affiliated or already have a CEPR profile can upload their submission by:
1) Log in on the CEPR portal online at https://portal.cepr.org/
2) Go to https://portal.cepr.org/meetings/1487/info
3) If you are a member of the MEF programme area, click on "Change registration details", complete the requested information and click "Submit information".
4) If you have a CEPR profile, click on "Step 1: Apply" and complete the requested information and click "Register"
Authors who are not CEPR affiliated or do not have a CEPR profile can:
1) Create an online profile here
2) Log in on the CEPR portal online at https://portal.cepr.org/
3) Go to https://portal.cepr.org/meetings/1487/info
4) Click on "Step 1: Apply" and complete the requested information and click "Register"
If you have any difficulty in applying please contact, Lydia Williams, CEPR Events Officer at [email protected] for assistance, with the subject line '1487- EABCN and Deutsche Bundesbank Conference 2022'