We are writing to invite you to submit a paper or to express your interest in attending CEPR's European Research Workshop in International Trade (ERWIT) 2022, to be held in Lucca from 22 to 24 June 2022, organised in cooperation with IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca. We invite papers on topics related to international trade, foreign direct investment, migration, automation, and other issues related to globalisation.
ERWIT is an annual workshop that brings together international economists from across Europe and key researchers from outside the region. The workshop disseminates the findings of recent research on international trade, and presentations often involve exploratory rather than finished papers. It provides a unique opportunity to discuss trade-related research in a relaxed atmosphere.
We are planning for ERWIT 2022 to take place physically in Lucca but will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation. The workshop will run for 3 full days from Wednesday 22 June until Friday 24 June (with arrival on Tuesday 21 June). CEPR and the local organisers will offer some funding for travel and accommodation, but we cannot guarantee funding for all participants. If you have alternative research travel funding at your disposal, we encourage you to indicate this on your reply form. This will help fund travel for participants who do not have other sources of funding, young researchers in particular. Where funding is provided for travel costs, this will be in accordance with the CEPR Travel Guidelines which will be circulated at a later date. We recommend that you hold off making any travel arrangements until further information has been given.
Kindly note that it will not be possible to accept all applications to attend the event. At this stage, we would thus like you to simply confirm your interest in attending the meeting and indicate whether or not you wish to present a paper. When selecting papers, some preference will be given to researchers who have not presented at ERWIT recently, although we still encourage everyone to apply.
Authors who are CEPR affiliated or already have a CEPR profile can upload their submission by:
1) Going to https://portal.cepr.org/meetings/1448/info and log in to the CEPR portal
2) If you are a member of the ITRE programme area click on "Change registration details", complete the requested information and click "Submit information"
3) If you are affiliated to another programme area or not CEPR affiliated but have a CEPR profile, click on "Step 1: Apply" and complete the requested information and click "Register"
Authors who do not have a CEPR profile can upload their submission by:
1) Creating a new profile here https://portal.cepr.org/user/register
2) Go to https://portal.cepr.org/meetings/1448/info and log in to the CEPR portal
3) Click on "Step 1: Apply" and complete the requested information and click "Register"
The deadline for submissions is 18:00 (GMT) on Sunday 16 January 2022.
If you have any difficulties registering for this meeting, please contact Mandy Chan, Senior Events Officer at [email protected].