Full time, permanent position
£27-£34k per annum, depending on experience
Reports to Head of IT
CEPR is an independent, non-partisan, pan-European non-profit organization which is made up of a network of over 1,300 research economists based mostly in European universities. Its mission is twofold: to promote world-class research, and to get the policy-relevant results into the hands of key decision-makers. A registered charity since it was founded in 1983, CEPR is independent of all public and private interest groups and takes no institutional stand on economic policy matters; its core funding comes from its corporate members and sales of publications.
We are seeking a hands-on Drupal Developer to join a busy team which lies at the heart of the organisation. The successful candidate will be a well-organized, highly motivated individual capable of managing multiple projects to tight continuous deadlines, who will have the opportunity to extend and enhance their skills and competences.
You will work on CEPR’s Drupal websites: cepr.org and voxeu.org, as well as various project websites such as pedl.cepr.org in close collaboration with the Drupal Lead. There is a major project under way to rationalize and redesign these websites, and we are also in the process of upgrading to Drupal 8.
1. CEPR Drupal Development (65%)
▪ Provide first to third level support for all CEPR Web assets
▪ Ensure all development issues are logged and are resolved in line with CEPR’s internal Quality Management System
▪ Ensure all IT assets (LAN, WAN and websites) are secure, updated and operational, and continue work on data integration to enable CEPR’s workforce to perform their normal daily tasks. Protect CEPR against data loss and external threats so that the business can maintain its reputation and continue to operate even in the event of a disaster. Act as CEPR’s Data Protection Officer.
▪ Using existing skills and knowledge as well as appropriate support resources to find resolution to support incidents
▪ Implement fixes and solutions with full documentation where appropriate
▪ Manage and support all installations and upgrades of CEPR Web assets
▪ Escalate issues to the Senior Management Team as per SLA
▪ Assist CEPR staff in the provision of basic Drupal training (both in-house staff and external researchers)
2. CEPR Web maintenance (20%)
▪ Provide technical assistance to CEPR staff and researchers on all Web related issues including fault diagnosis
▪ Support and maintenance of all the components that make up CEPR’s Web assets
▪ Monitoring performance and taking the appropriate action when required
▪ Ensure the effective provision of back-ups and file retrieval at all times
▪ Assist the Drupal Lead and Head of IT in safeguarding all Web assets against data loss and external threats
▪ Ensure that CEPR’s development and testing environment is kept fully functional and mirrors the live environment
▪ Ensure that all changes are fully tested before deployment to live. Where possible implement automated testing as part of development
▪ Maintain awareness of emerging technologies and proactively recommend their use in the attainment of business objectives
▪ Feed into the analysis of existing ICT infrastructure (e.g. systems, networks, spreadsheets) to continuously recommend improvements to the working architecture
3. Documentation (5%)
▪ Continuously produce and update documentation related to the supported products as required by Senior Management
▪ Ensure that all aspects of the CEPR Web assets are appropriately documented
▪ Document all changes to customer configurations in line with CEPR’s internal Quality Management System
4. Other (10%)
▪ Assist team members, particularly the Drupal Lead, and other CEPR teams as required
▪ Assisting in Quality Assurance
▪ Actively contribute to CEPR’s operational goals under the direction of the CEO/Senior Management Team
Skills, experience, and qualifications
▪ At least two years’ experience of Drupal programming (module creation and maintenance; site building and theming; coding standards), and of PHP, HTML and CSS, in order to support CEPR’s custom website elements
▪ Ability to collaborate with both senior management and junior staff members, and to communicate with non-technical colleagues and external researchers
▪ Able to initiate and manage own workflow
▪ Forward planning and prioritisation of tasks; flexibility and effectiveness under pressure; ability to problem solve and make appropriate decisions
▪ Technical and development knowledge
▪ Right to work in the UK
In addition to a competitive salary and flexible working conditions, CEPR offers:
▪ 25 days annual leave, plus three days between Christmas and New Year when the Centre is closed, in addition to UK statutory public holidays
▪ Contributory pension scheme with a minimum of 5% employer’s contribution, matched to that of the employee
▪ Season ticket and technology loan scheme
Applications should be made by submission of a cover letter and CV to [email protected], quoting "DD19-IN".
The deadline is Friday 21 June, however applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.