- Central Bank Communication
- Climate Change
- Competition Policy
- European Economic Policy
- European Financial Architecture
- Fintech and Digital Currencies
- Household Finance
- Inequality and the Role of Firms
- International Lending and Sovereign Debt
- Media Plurality
- Preventing Conflict: Policies for Peace
- Spatial Disparities and Policy
- Sustainable Finance
- Asset Pricing
- Banking and Corporate Finance
- International Macroeconomics and Finance
- International Trade and Regional Economics
- Monetary Economics and Fluctuations
- Macroeconomics and Growth
- Labour Economics
- Political Economy
- Public Economics
- Economic History
- Industrial Organization
- Organizational Economics
- Development Economics
The 6th CEPR-Bank of Italy Workshop: Labour market policies and institutions will take place in Rome on September 18-19, 2023. The aim of the workshop is to bring together leading and emerging labour economists.
For registration to attend the conference and for any other enquiries please contact [email protected].
Call for Papers
Although we invite submissions on a broader set of topics, we particularly welcome papers on:
- Wage setting: minimum wages, unions, collective bargaining, payroll taxes, hiring subsidies
- Institutions that increase the resilience of the labour markets to shocks: short-term work schemes, unemployment benefits
- Policies aimed at fostering labour supply: family-friendly and migration policies, pension reforms
- Institutions that improve the matching of workers to jobs: active labour market policies, on-the-job training
- Anti-poverty programs: basic income schemes, income subsidies
The workshop will take place in the Bank of Italy headquarter in Rome. Financial support to all speakers for economy class air travel (in accordance with the CEPR Travel guidelines) and accommodation will be provided. In order to foster the desired interaction, participants are required to stay for the entire duration of the workshop. The programme will start on Monday morning (September 18) and end on Tuesday afternoon (September 19).
The application deadline was 6 pm (GMT) on Friday May 12, 2023. Decisions of acceptance or rejection by the programme committee will be announced by the end of May.
If you have any difficulty applying, please email Lydia Williams, CEPR Senior Events Officer at [email protected] with the subject header "6th CEPR-Bank of Italy Workshop".
Gaetano Basso (Bank of Italy), Barbara Biasi (Yale School of Management, EIEF and CEPR), Marta De Philippis (Bank of Italy), Marco Manacorda (Queen Mary University of London and CEPR), Claudio Michelacci (EIEF and CEPR) and Raffaele Saggio (University of British Columbia and NBER).