The conference is being organised jointly by the Japanese Association for Development Economics (JADE), the Centre for Economic Policy Research (CEPR), the Trinity Impact Evaluation Research Centre (TIME) at Trinity College Dublin and the Center for International Research on the Japanese Economy (CIRJE). The JADE-CEPR-TIME conference will be a hybrid conference that will run in person at the University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan and virtually via Zoom. We welcome all papers that investigate topics in economic development.
Paper Submissions are now closed
If you have any questions, please email [email protected] .
• Only full drafts of papers will be considered.
• Each paper submission should include an abstract (200 words max).
• Submit your document in PDF format to ensure that all fonts, symbols, and equations appear the way they were originally typed.
• Accepting rates will be higher for in-person participation, although online participation is also welcome.
• The final and completed version of all accepted papers must be received by March 15, 2023.
Instruction for JADE Members
• For JADE members, the conference is the fifth JADE Conference. Indicate if you are a JADE member on the call for papers webpage.
• To join JADE, please activate your membership here.
• JADE members can be eligible for the Hayami Award. Indicate if you are eligible for the Hayami Award on the call for papers webpage.
• The third Hayami Award will be announced at the conference.
• The selection of the Hayami Award is based on the final version of papers presented by an author who is eligible for the Hayami Award at the conference.
• JADE members can be eligible for the Fuwa Award.
• The second Fuwa Award will be announced at the conference.
• The selection of the Fuwa Award is not related to papers submitted for the conference
Late November Paper Submissions Open
January 15 Paper Submission Deadline
Mid-February Acceptance/Rejection Notification
March 15 Final Papers Due
March 24 Registration Deadline
April 1-2 Conference at University of Tokyo