For the second year in a row, the six STEG themes held their annual workshops in September 2021.
These thematic workshops have a dual purpose within the broader STEG program. First, they are a way of increasing the visibility of STEG within the research community and attracting, strengthening, and widening the community of interested scholars. Second, they play a role in helping to share knowledge of the current research frontier and in identifying open research questions. The workshops will be used to shape future calls for funding that are anticipated as part of the STEG programme.
A Plenary Workshop kicked off the September 2021 STEG Theme Workshops on Friday the 3rd of September. The workshop saw a paper from each theme presented.
The links to the programmes and recordings of each workshop can be found below.
- Theme 0: Data, measurement, and conceptual framing
Workshop date: 7th September
- Theme 1: Firms, frictions and spillovers, and industrial policy
Workshop date: 24th September
- Theme 2: Labour, home production, and structural transformation
Workshop date: 21st September
- Theme 3: Agricultural productivity and sectoral gaps and Theme 4: Trade and spatial frictions
Workshop dates: 16th-17th September
- Theme 5: Political economy and public investment
Workshops date: 10th September