Monthly online seminar series on Tuesdays at 8AM New York, 1PM London, 2PM Milan/Paris/Frankfurt, 9PM Singapore/Shanghai.
The CEPR Network on Financial Economics launched a virtual seminar series at the start of the 2020 academic year. The CEPR Advanced Forum for Financial Economics (CAFFE) is organized by Laurent Calvet, Kim Peijnenburg, and Raman Uppal from EDHEC Business School. Its objective is to make cutting-edge finance research available to researchers based in Europe and around the world.
There is one seminar each month covering all topics in Financial Economics. The seminar is open to all participants but special emphasis will be placed on European-based researchers working on novel issues such as the financial implications of Covid-19. We view this seminar series as a joint venture of all researchers in Financial Economics and we very much look forward to your wholehearted and enthusiastic support.
Each seminar will run for 75 minutes, with 30 minutes allocated to the speaker, 30 minutes to a discussant, and 15 minutes for questions from the audience. In the spirit of constructive conversation, we encourage all participants to keep their cameras on in the seminar. The seminar starts just after lunch at 2PM CET (1PM London time), so have your caffè during CAFFE!
To register please click here.
Only one registration for the series is required. If you've registered for one of our previous sessions, you do not need to re-register for future sessions.
The upcoming speakers for the CAFFE seminar series are:
- 11 October 2022: Katrin Gödker (Bocconi University)
- Title of paper: "Disposed to be overconfident"
- Discussant: Michaela Pagel (Columbia Business School)
- 8 November 2022: Carlo Schwarz (Bocconi University)
- Title of paper: "Gender gaps in academia: Global evidence over the twentieth century"
- Discussant: Renée Adams (Saïd Business School, Oxford University)
- 13 December 2022: Alexandru Barbu (INSEAD)
- Title of paper: "Procyclical asset management and bond risk premia"
- Discussant: Alberto Manconi (Bocconi University)
For more information please visit the CAFFE websites https://sites.google.com/view/caffeseminars/home and https://cepr.org/events/event-series/cepr-advanced-forum-financial-economics-caffe-seminars
If you have any questions related to this Series, please contact Lydia Williams, CEPR Senior Events Officer at [email protected], for assistance. Please include CAFFE Seminar Series in the subject line.