The 9th edition of the Workshop on Political Economy of Development and Conflict, jointly organised with the CEPR Preventing Conflict: Policies for Peace RPN, took place on 5 & 6 October 2023 at the UPF Ciutadella campus in Barcelona. The Event was also live-streamed on the Universitat Pompeu Fabra's website.
- Mathieu Couttenier, Ecole Normale Superieure de Lyon & CEPR: Slides
- Patrick François, Vancouver School of Economics at the University of British Columbia: Slides
- Dominic Rohner, University of Lausanne & CEPR: Slides
- Uwe Sunde, University of Munich & CEPR
- Mathias Thoenig, School of Business and Economics, University of Lausanne: Slides
- Saumitra Jha, Stanford Graduate School of Business: Slides
- Felipe Valencia Caicedo, Vancouver School of Economics at the University British Columbia & CEPR: Slides
- Oliver Vanden Eynde, Paris School of Economics & CEPR: Slides
- Juan F. Vargas, University of Turin
- Hans-Joachim Voth, University of Zürich & CEPR: Slides
All Speakers are members of the CEPR Preventing Conflict: Policies for Peace RPN
The organizers gratefully acknowledge financial support of the Fundación Ramón Areces, the main sponsor, and the Universitat Pompeu Fabra through the European Research Council (ERC) under the Horizon Europe programme (grant agreement No 101055142, Colonization, Early Institutions and the Origin of State Capacity and Democratization).